Produced and designed by Dodge – the Chrysler’s division, the mid size crossover hit the market in the year 2008. The most interesting part of this crossover is that no major changes were seen in the car in these middle years. In 2011, the car got some improvements in the form of a new powertrain, visual improvements and new suspension. Applauded by drivers, critics and journalists, the company is all set to launch its new model 2017 Dodge Journey soon. The crossover is expected to have stiff competition from Kia Sportage and Ford Escape once launched.
2017 Dodge Journey – Body Styles Changes and other Options
The 2017 Journey will be made available in 5 trims – SXT, SE, Crossroad Plus, Crossroad and top-of-the-line R/T trim. The car comes with seating arrangements for 5 and 7 passengers. The car has an extremely stylish and gorgeous design, which is sure to impress any car lover. Available in myriad exterior colors like granite crystal metallic clear coat, white, billet silver, pitch black, pearl white and redline, the crossover is going to be a visual stunner for sure. Features of the vehicle change a little with change in the trims. Mentioned below are some special features of individual trims:
• SXT – The SXT model comes with 17” alloy wheels, LED tail lights, unique front fascia, dual-zone automatic climate control, floor mats, fog lights and exterior mirrors in body colors.
• SE – SE is the base model of 2017 Dodge Journey. It has 17” wheels, excellent cruise control, dual zone manual climate control, tinted rear seats, height adjustable driver seat, keyless entry, sliding and reclining second row seat, telescopic and tilt steering wheel, six speaker sound system, CD player, USB port etc. Additional features comprise of LED running lights, tri zone manual climate control, 50/50 split third row seat etc.
• Crossroad Plus – In the Crossroad Plus model, you will find in-dash DVD player, tri-zone automatic climate control, 4-way power lumbar, leather upholstery, 8.4” touch screen interface, fold-flat front passenger seat and cloth inserts along with the standard features of the crossover.
• Crossroad – The crossroad trim model of 2017 Dodge Journey comes with Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, satellite radio, chrome exterior wheel, cargo net, 19” wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel and auto-dimming rearview mirror.
• Top of the line R/T trim – Along with the standard features, 2017 Dodge Journey top of the line R/T trim model comes with many advanced features including monochrome exterior treatment, dual exhaust tips, steering wheel calibration, premium audio system, 19” wheels, automatic headlights, 115V-power outlet, sport-tuned suspension system, perforated leather upholstery etc.
The interiors of 2017 Dodge Journey will come with pleasant changes and make traveling in the crossover all the more comfortable. The interior cabin will have a new dashboard with new keypad, LCD and touch screen. Interiors will be enhanced with cooling and heating systems, hangars, floor mats, USB ports and so on.
2017 Dodge Journey – Engine Options
All the trims of 2017 Dodge Journey except top of the line R/T trim has a 2.4 L four-cylinder engine with 166 pounds of torque and rated at 173 HP. The front wheel drive and the four-speed transmission system are included in the default systems of the crossover. The EPA ratings of the crossover are estimated at 19/26/21 mpg in the city/highway/combined respectively. Along with this, 2017 Dodge Journey is also available with 3.6 L V6 engine, which has 260 pounds of torque and rated at 283 HP. This engine is available for the SXT, SE, Crossroad Plus and Crossroad versions of the car. Six-speed transmission system and the front wheel drive are standard in all the models of this crossover. Acceleration of 7.8 seconds has been recorded for a sprint of 0-60 mph with the 2017 Journey. Not only that, the fuel economy ratings of the V6 powered engine stand at 17/25/19 mpg with the FWD and 16/24/19 mpg with the AWD.
2017 Dodge Journey – Expected Date of Arrival and Price
The new 2017 Dodge Journey is expected to be priced at an MSRP beginning from $20,995. So people, who are looking for a sturdy and tough crossover within a healthy budget, can definitely keep this car top on the list. The assembly of the 2017 Dodge Journey is planned in the Sterling Heights Plant in Michigan, in United States of America. No fixed release date of the crossover has been announced as yet. However, speculations say that the crossover will be available in the mid or end quarter of 2016. On the whole, Dodge Journey 2017 is going to be a great crossover for people who are looking for a vehicle with 5-7 seating arrangement, enhanced features and most importantly reasonable price. The car fits excellently well in all these categories. As mentioned previously, the crossover will face stiff competition from Kia Sportage and Ford Escape. However, the competitive pricing might give an advantage to the Dodge Journey.